Here you will find the instruction on how you can setup a wireless connection on you canon printer model PIXMA MG3540 an also you will get to know on how you can reset the printer to its original factory settings.
Certain access points which are sometimes referred as routers or hubs, feature an automatic connection button which is called “WPS” and it means Wi-fi Protected setup.
Now this gives permission to the devices such as your PIXMA MG3540 to automatically connect to your network without you entering the password again and again and it helps a quick and easy method of connecting your wireless printer with your computer.
This is the simplest and the easiest way of connecting you wireless printer to your computer, so if your access points such as routers or hubs are WPS enabled then please select the Wi-fi protection setup connection method and follow the instructions to connect using this method.
In case you access point such as router or hub do not support wi-fi protection setup then there is a “Standard Connection Method” as well which is mentioned below to get your PIXMA MG3540 printer connected to you computer.
WPS Connection Method
In order to connect the wireless printer with the computer there are certain conditions which should be met.
There should be a physical WPS button present on the access point, you will have to check this with your device’s user guide for those details.. If in case it is not present then you will have to follow the standard connection method instructions .
Your network must be using either of these security protocols
- WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), OR
- WPA2 security protocol.
Most of the WPS enabled access points use this protocol only.
Make sure that the printer is switched on.
Just Press & hold the Wi-Fibutton above the printer until the alarm light flashes once.
Secondly you need to make sure that the light next to the wifi button flashes blue and then go to your access point and press the WPS button within 2 minutes.
To know how to start the WPS on your access point, please see the user guide.
The blue Wi-Fi light on the printer will continue to flash while searching, and the power and Wi-Fi light will flash when its connecting to the access point.
When the printer is successfully connected to the wireless network, the power light and Wi-Fi light will stop flashing and remain lit.
Network settings confirmation
To make sure that your printer has successfully made a connection to your wireless network, you can just take a print out of your network setting of your printer if you want.
- Make sure that your printer is turned on.
- Load a letter-sized plain paper or sheet of A4 size sheet.
- Press & hold the [Resume/Cancel ] button until the alarm lamp flashes 15 times, and then simply release it.The printer will print the network information page.
When you see the printout, make sure that the “Connection” indicates “Active” and the SSID – Service Set Identifier (the name of your wireless network) indicates the correct name of your wireless network.
Thats about the WPS setup procedure.
Please continue now by installing the software to make the most out of your PIXMA MG3540.
Just in case if you do not have the installation CD that came with your device, you can download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page.
If the WPS wireless setup is still failing after following this guide, please contact Canon Printer Technical Support Number on+1-888-881-6044 for further assistance.
Standard Connection Method
- For people using windowws, all you need to do is insert the CD that came along with your printer and run the setup.
In case ff you do not have the installation CD which came along with your device or you are using Mac computer, you can simply download the manuals and software by selecting your product from the PIXMA range page.
- When the first screen appears, click on Next.
<Mac users only>
When the following screen appears, type your password to allow the helper tool to be installed, then click on [Install Helper]
When this screen appears, click on [Next]
Please note: Another screen will show up asking you to select between a USB or wireless connection, you have to select [Wireless Connection].
3. Make sure that your printer is switched on and also make sure the power light is on and then click Next.Step 2
- Click on Connect to the network button.
- When this screen appears, click on Cableless setup.
Please note: the cableless install method is not supported for people using Windows XP so please select the Other setup method and then proceed to step 5.
.3. When the screen which says Connection via Cableless setupscreen appears, hold the printer’s Wi-Fibutton (A) until the orange alarm lamp (B) flashes 2 times and then release after the second flash.
- Confirm that the blue Wi-Fi lamp (A) flashes quickly and the (green) power lamp is lit. Click on Next.Please Note: The network connection will be temporarily disabled while the setup is going on.
Click on Next.
- Windows XP users need to select the Wireless Setup Using the USB Cable.
- When this screen appears, select your area, and then click on Next.
- When this screen appears, select your place of residence and then click on Next.
- When this screen appears, all you need to do is select the software you wish to install and then click on Next. In case you are unsure about which software you want to install at this stage, please do not worry you can always uninstall it at a later stage if you want to.
- When this screen appears, click on Yes button to agree to the end user license agreement.
For Windows users only
When this screen appears, click on Next.
- This screen indicates the model number of your printer and the name (or SSID) of your wireless device.
Windows (excluding Windows XP Users)
Click on Complete.
Thats how the cableless connection is done
For People using Windows XP, or for users whose printer could not be detected, you need to continue with the USB installation which is given in detail in step 6.
For Mac users only
When this screen appears, click on Add Printer
In the following screen, you need to select the Canon IJ Network driver version and click on Add.
Click on Next to complete the setup.
This is how the Mac Cableless setup is done.
For those users whose printer could not be detected, you need to please continue with the USB installation given in detail in step 6.
USB cable setup for people using Windows XP and where the network connection was not detected
- You need to select the Set up network connection via USB and then click on Next.
- When this screen appears you have to connect your printer to your computer by using the supplied USB cable.
For people using Mac, click on Next.
8. When your printer is detected, the following screen will come up.
The name of the access point to which your computer is connected, will be displayed.
If its the same wireless network you want your to connect your printer to then click on Yes.
<For Mac users only>
When this appears, click on Allow.
- When this screen appears, you have to disconnect your printer from your computer and click on Next.
For Windows Only
When this screen appears, click on Complete.
Thats how the wireless setup is done.
For people using Mac
When your printer is detected then this screen will appearwhich will indicate the name of the access point that your computer is connected to. You ned to click OK.
When this screen appears, click on Add Printer.
In this screen, you need to select the Canon IJ Network driver version and click on Add.
Click on Next to complete the setup process.
Thats how mac setup is done.
In case if the wireless setup is still failing even after following this guide, please contact canon printer customer service number on +1-888-881-6044 for further assistance.
How to Restor your PIXMA MG3540 network settings back to the factory default settings
In case you want to restore your network setting back to the factory settings, for example when you change your access point, you can do this by following a simple set of instructions.
Please make sure that the initialisation erases all the network settings on the machine so that printing or scanning from a computer over the network will become impossible until the printer is re-configured with new network settings.
Follow the steps below to start the network settings:
- Press and hold the RESUME or CANCEL button until the alarm light flashes 17 times.
- Release the RESUME or CANCEL button.
The network settings have automatically been reset back to its original factory settings.
In case if this process is still failing after following the steps, please contact the Canon Customer Service Number +1-888-881-6044 for further assistance.