HP Printer Error Code 20 appears when your HP printer not properly configured with computer system. This error comes on your computer screen when you are trying to print an image, spreadsheet or any kind of document with your HP printer Helpline. It will show up as “Printer not activated – Error code 20”
The common reasons due to which this “error code 20” show up are as following.
- When the printer that you are using is not set as default printer.
- When the drivers of that particular printer are missing or they are not updated.
- It might also appear due to conflicts in the device manager.
- Due to registry error on your system.
So if you want to fix the Error Code 20, you need to follow the below steps.
1. Firstly you need to make sure that your printer that you are using is always set to default printer.
Now why you need to make sure that, it is the default printer is because in future you might face the same problem. Even if you buy a new printer you have to always make sure that it must be set to default printer.
- Click on the “Start” button an click on “Printers & Faxes”.
- If you do not find the desired printers icon then move to step 2.
- If the desired printer is there then see if there is a check mark besides it.
- In case there is no check mark then right click on the HP Printer support number and select it as default printer.
- Now you can just print a test page by clicking on print test page option.
- Finally you can print the document which you want to print if the test print is successful and make sure you exit the printer setting before that.
In case the first step isn’t helpful please follow the step 2
2.Secondly, you will have to follow the re installation procedure of The USB Composite Device Drivers.
- Firstly you have to open the run box and type “devmgmt.msc” command and press enter.
- Then you have to click on the Hardware tab.
- Once you are done with the above step then click Device Manager option.
- In the Device Manager window, you will find Universal Serial Bus Controllers option, you have to double click on that.
- Once you find USB Composite Device, right click on it and you will get an option which will say “Uninstall” select uninstall and click on OK.
- Now disconnect the USB cable from your computer and put it back again.
- Now a “Found new Hardware” wizard will come up and you just have to follow the instruction on the computer screen to install the drivers.
- Now open printer settings again by clicking on the start option and selecting “Printers & Faxes Options” from there.
- Finally in the second step you need to search for HP printer and try and print a test page like you did in the final step of First step.
If the self-test page prints correctly, try to take the print out other documents which you need.
3. You Need To Uninstall and Reinstall the HP Software
Just in case the above steps are not helpful and you still get error code 20 then all you need to do is uninstall the HP Printer Technical Support software and reinstall it and to do this your computer must have a built in Add/Remove Programs Utility. This should definitely resolve your issue, and even after following all these steps the problem still occurs. Please call us at our toll free number +1-888-881-6044 and our expert technicians will be there to help you and resolve your printing issue.