Once you update your windows from windows 7,8, or 8.1 from windows 10 and your printer refuses to print or gives any error, then the most relevant reason for it not working is its printer drivers which are either outdated or they are not compatible with the current version of windows. Its quite easy to resolve this issue, all you have to do is reinstall the drivers and update it.
Microsoft will remove certain apps and softwares which are not compatible with window 10 operating system.
Microsoft indicates that Windows 10 will remove some apps and software which are incompatible with the new operating system. It is not necessary that it will happen to all printer driver.
There are 2 ways in which windows 10 drivers can be updated. You can use either of the ways to update the printer drivers.
Way 1: You can update your printer drivers manually
The first way is to go to the HP website and see if the printer supports windows 10 operating system. If it does, then you may directly download the drivers from there and install it for you Hp printer Support. In case it does not show you the drivers you need, then you may download the latest version of drivers for windows 7 or 8 even they can be compatible with windows 10. You will have to look into support section of the website to download the drivers. Once downloaded you can directly download the driver by double clicking on them.
Here are the step by step instructions on how you can download the drivers manually
- First, open the control panel.
- Then click on device manager as shown in the picture.
- When you click on the device manage, you have to find the relevant printer device for which you need to update the driver. If there is any kind of a problem in the device there wil be a yellow mark beside the device.
Below picture shows the faulty device with a yellow mark beside it.
- Now you have to right click on the name of the device and the select update the driver software as shown in the picture below.
- Once the above steps are done you will get a popup window with two options. Over there you have to click on the first option which says recommended. Then it will search for the HP printer drivers automatically and update as well. After that you just need to follow the instructions to install the drivers. In case you have all the driver files on your computer which are required then you have to choose the second option, which says, Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
Way 2: The second way is to use Windows Update for new drivers
Please follow the steps below to know how to use windows update in windows 10 to update drivers.
- Firstly click on the start menu and click on settings as shown in the picture below
2. Once you click on settings window you will get the below screen , there you need to click on update & security.
- Once you do that, you will find an option windows update on the left hand side.
Below Windows Update click on Check for updates, and relax while the system check for the updated drivers for you printer.
- Now you have to click on the link which says optional updates are available. In case you don’t see this, it straight away means that no updates are available at the moment.
- Now simply select the drivers you have to install and finish the install process by clicking on OK and install updates.
In case none of the above method works for you and you are still unable to install the HP printer drivers then please contact the HP printer support phone number and the expert technicians will assist you with the printer driver installations instantly. Feel free to call on +1-888-881-6044.